I received several fantastic packages in the mail this month full of wonderful higher end sample wines. Because I put my #thirstythursday group to the test with trying the good, the bad and the very ugly in the world of wines on a continual basis, I wanted to make sure to show appropriate gratitude.
Higher End Wines
- J Vineyards Russian River Valley Chardonnay 2012 – full of lemon curd, pear, lemon and orange notes with great minerality. It was a very good wine.
- Jordan Russian River Valley Chardonnay 2012 – pear, lemon, vanilla and baked apple. Heads down one of my top California chardonnays.
- J Vineyards Russian River Valley Pinot Noir 2012 – full of black cherry, currant, cassis and plum. A favorite of the group and a wonderful representation of Pinot Noir.
- Piccini Villa Al Cortile Reserva Brunello di Montalcino Riserva 2008 – earthy, herbal, fig, tobacco, chocolate with a nice fruit balance. I really liked this Brunello and it was one of the first bottles to go.
- Jordan Alexander Valley Cabernet 2010 – pepper, blackberry, tobacco with notes of mocha and cassis. Another big hit of the group.
- Stepping Stone Napa Valley Cabernet 2011 – These guys make amazing wines and the big notes of blackberry, violet and rose petals did not disappoint.