I was falling way behind on my wine reviews so I gathered the work folks together and it was time to celebrate Wine Wednesday. This time, we were more successful with the wine selection. We tried seven wines and I’m going to write about five of them.
- Sokol Blosser Evolution Sparkling NV – this was a delicious sparkling that could be opened on any night. It was full of tropical fruit, green apple, baked bread and minerality. There was a little bit of sweetness, but a very nice balance.
- 2013 Hanna Chardonnay – full of baked apple, tropical fruit, crème brulee and hazelnut. This was another well balanced chardonnay that had a nice proportion of oak.
- 2013 Hahn SLH Chardonnay – also with baked apple, citrus, toffee and lemongrass. A nice chardonnay for the person who is not a fan of chardonnay.
- 2012 Hahn SLH Pinot Noir – lots of deep cherry, black currant, vanilla, spice and cherry cola. This was both fruity and herbal at the same time.
- 2012 True Grit Reserve Petite Sirah — this was bold and immense with notes of blackberry, spice, chocolate, mocha, eucalyptus and caramel. This was a fantastic find.